Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Although I was raised in Alberta I have become a bit of a cold wimp since moving to Vancouver, so it was a big suprise to me and my boys when the snow just kept coming this winter.

On Christmas Eve we all played out in the snow a bit, there was so much we had to shovel our way around. Lindsay was going to build a snow fort, but instead we made it into a giant slide.


Sammy was just like the kid from "Christmas Story", he just kept falling over in his snowsuit. It was adorable.
But once he got outside it was all worth it.
Tommy admiring the petite snowman we built. The snow was so hard to roll!...it had been rained on a couple of times and was pretty icy.
Sammy wasn't a fan of the mittens while Tommy was a big fan of giant ice chunks.
He told me he was "looking for something"

He might look innocent enough but turn around for one second and he'll throw that ice chunk at your back.


Tommy loved the snow and kept going out in the backyard with literally only his boots on.


I told him he had to dress warmer, this was his solution.



We found the perfect tobogganing hill, Grandma and Grandpa's road, clearly there weren't many cars coming and going - look how much snow we had.



Sammy warmed up to the snow eventually. He wouldn't hold onto the sled so that he kept tipping over.



We also made a slide for the kiddies down Granpa's lawn.
Tommy on top of the mountain formed when we shoveled our sidewalk. I thought I lived in Vancouver?!

1 comment:

candise said...

your boys take the cutest pictures! Seriously Sammy has grown into such a poser, must be from hanging with my girls so much. And I also want to say that you are such an awesome mom for taking you kids outside to play all the time.