Thursday, May 14, 2009

More mediocre talents

As many of you may know I love to learn to do things, yet I have neither the natural talent or the patience to become really good at any of these things. For example: playing the piano, singing, dancing, crocheting, doing hair and make-up, sewing, cooking, baking...really the list could go on. And I am very excited to let you all know that I am adding to that list by learning how to knit, and also gardening! I was first inspired to learn how to knit when I read the book "The Friday Night Book Club" which is amazing and you should all read it - if you haven't already. So Candise and I and a few other moms in my ward and some of my young women are learning to knit and my first project is a Griffindor scarf in honor of the new Harry Potter movie coming out - woo hoo!
I am also learning to garden - I am really proud of all my tulips and daffodils that I planted last fall and they all came up - this was a real miracle to me, because I have never made anything grow before. I am really pumped and might even plant a small vegetable garden. We'll see. But for now I am loving all the beautiful flowers that grow so easily in Vancouver weather.

2 comments:

Jolanda said...

Funny, I was having a conversation with my mom about this exact thing last night. I have a bazillion mediocre talents, but nothing I feel like a master in. I was in a knitting club in Calgary, it was great, but I don't think I have knitted in a year...just can't get myself to master anything! So glad I am not the only one out there. Perhaps we will become master mothers? Not really something we can stop doing.

leah jane said...

hello emily!

i'm happy to find you {ie: your blog.} it's so fun to see pics and updates of your life... only 10 years later! :) crazy right?

hope you don't mind me stopping by. i think i saw your name on jenny moon's blog, and clicked hoping it was you. and indeed it was.