Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our beautiful backyard

This was our yard just a few weeks ago. And yes, that is Jesse driving the bobcat. When we moved in our yard was really high-maintenance and low-fun, so we did a big overhaul. The biggest part was leveling it all out and building retaining walls. I was a little worried that Jesse had taken it all on himself, but he definately suprised me! See for yourself.
Obviously all the nail-pounding had some bonuses.

Tommy loved the giant pile of dirt that got dropped off. He called it his "mountain" and was very happy and very dirty the entire time it was there.
This was Tommy being super helpful while I was being the master turf-layer herself. My background as a professional landscaper is pretty obvious I think.

I am so excited to play in my new backyard!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What an awesome backyard! I can't believe that you guys did that all yourselves, that is amazing. I am totally jealous of all of that space for your kids to run around :)

Ashley Smith said...

That looks like the best backyard in the whole world, it is so big.