Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Visiting Nana and Grandpa

When we heard my parents would be leaving for Fiji so soon, we decided we would go visit them one more time...and left 3 hours later. It's hard to be spontaneous once you have kids and jobs and no money, but we decided to pack up and leave because we might not find another time to see them before they were gone (see:http://susanandfranksexcellentadventure.blogspot.com/). We drove through the night hoping the boys would sleep the whole time, yet, at 4 AM they both still had their eyes open. Sammy puked 3 times on the way there, but that was most likely due to his mild electricution earlier that day. We arrived at 5:30AM, tired, but happy to see Nana and Grandpa. Tommy loves them both so much! and Sammy likes pretty much everyone, so he was happy to get some attention too.
Tommy liked being able to "help" so much with all the baking my mom does.

It's not that we are snow deprived in Vancouver, but still, this much snow is always exciting for a 3 year old boy, and Tommy was out in it as soon as he could be.
Sammy came outside because Tommy was, but I don't think he was as into as his older brother.
If anyone thought the fact that all the streets were covered in 3 inch thick ice covered with snow would stop Tommy from showing Grandpa how good he was at riding the bike he got for christmas, they were sorely mistaken. We visited my mom at the office, and, simply to stop them from destroying everything we put them on top of the filing cabinet. When did Tommy become such a poser?
My dear sweet boys love to find "great hiding spots" wherever we go. It's awesome. I love it.
I don't know how Tommy gets away with climbing all over my dad during dinner, it definately would not have gone down this way when I was growing up.
My mom tried to help Tommy on his quest to become a pirate when he grows up.
I don't know why, but Sammy makes this face alot. I think he's happy.

1 comment:

candise said...

I think when hayley and tommy secretly go off together at playgroup she is giving him lessons on how to pose for pictures.